You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Stoneboat’ tag.
Friday and Saturday August 8-9 2014 is our 7th Annual BC Wine Festival Weekend in the store. On both days we will be sampling BC wine. On the Saturday we have a special guest host – Tim Martiniuk, General Manager and family owner of Stoneboat Vineyards in Oliver, BC. Tastings are 3-6pm both days.
Our Community Sponsor for the Saturday is Bowen Island Arts Council who are sponsoring a poetry competition to celebrate BC wine. It’s easy to enter. Just send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or post it on their Facebook Event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/429007857239404/
Please put your town or community on your entry. Entry is open until Midnight Friday 8 August.
We’ll post all the entries on a board in the store and tasters on Saturday 9 August will vote for their favourite entry. If you cannot make the tasting you can also vote for on-line submissions by “liking” the entry on the BIAC page above.
Poems can be in any form but must reference something specifically about BC Wine – can be a region, a general reference to why you like BC wine, a vineyard or a winery etc.. Entries will be judged on the first verse only. Haikus are welcome.
There will be prizes for the top votes in two categories:
- Entries from Bowen Island
- Entries from off-island
If you cannot make the tasting you can also vote for on-line submissions by “liking” the entry on the BIAC page above.
P.S. Must be 19 or older to enter.
This calendar takes us through to September. Please remember that it can change. Our email list receives a reminder so please feel free to drop your email address off at the store.
All tastings are 3pm to 6pm unless noted.
- June 27 Friday – “Wines of Gabriel Meffre” hosted by Greg Pollard of Diamond Wines
- July 4 Friday – Hosted by Annette Goliath of Grady Wines
- July 5 Saturday – Meet the Cidery – Seacider hosted by Sara Park of Seacider on Vancouver Island
Steamship Days July 11-13
- July 11 Friday – Hosted by Liza McCauley, Delf Group
- July 12 Saturday – Meet the Brewery, Howe Sound Brewing
- July 18 Friday – “The Italian Job” racy Italian wines at a steal for value. Hosted by Burrows Luongo importers
- August 1 Friday – Hosted by Thea Cuevas, Constellation Brands
August 8-9 Fri-Sat – BIBWC Annual BC Wine Festival
- August 8 Friday – BC wine sampling hosted by Paul Rickett
- August 9 Saturday – Meet the Winery, Tim Martiniuk, GM of Stoneboat. Community Sponsor – BIAC
- August 15 Friday – Hosted by Select Wines
- August 22 Friday – Hosted by Selwyn Rawstron, Empson (think NZ P. Noir and Sauvignon Blanc)
- Sept 12 Friday – Meet the Winery, Sandra Oldfield, CEO Tinhorn Creek 20th Anniversary tasting
- September 18 Thursday. Bowen Children’s Centre Fundraiser 1st Annual Wine Fair, Lodge at Old Dorm. Tickets available via BCC and BIBWC. We aim to have over 60 wines for tasting at this event.
Free in-store wine sampling
BowFEAST weekend eat and drink local celebration.
- Friday 16 August, 3-7pm
- Saturday 17 August, 1-5pm
- Sunday 18 August, 1-5pm
We’ll be opening a raft of BC wines to showcase our local wineries. Different wines each day so plan to drop in for every session.
Special Guest: Sandra Oldfield, CEO Tinhorn Creek
Friday 16th – 5-7pm
Tinhorn Creek is our #1 selling BC wine brand. Please come and meet Sandra and learn about Tinhorn’s wine right from the source.
In addition to Tinhorn Creek, over the weekend we’ll have wines to taste from
- Averill Creek
- Blue Mountain
- de Vine
- Dirty Laundry
- Quail’s Gate
- Saturna Island winery
and maybe a few more…
Please join us this #BowFEAST weekend to celebrate eating and drinking locally. This is our 4th annual BC wine fest featuring FREE samples of great BC wines. Wines will be poured over 3 days starting Friday at 2pm.
Tasting session times:
Saturday 1pm – 5pm
Sunday 1pm to 5pm
On Saturday shop the #BowFEAST Farmers market from 9am to Noon. Have a nice lunch in the Cove, then mosey up to our new store on Dorman Road under the Ruddy Potato and taste some great BC wines to go with your fresh, local food for dinner.
While we end formal tasting at 6pm, if we have wine left you are welcome to come in later and try what’s still open
Big line up this year with totally different wines each day:
Participating Wineries and wines. Tasting order is yet to be determined but over the 3 days we’ll be opening wines from among the following:
The View – Frizzante, Gewurztraminer, Pinotage
Quails Gate – Rosé, Chenin Blanc
Tinhorn Creek – Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay
Stoneboat – Pinotage, Pinot Gris
Ganton & Larsen Prospect winery – Sauvignon Blanc, Unoaked Chardonnay
Lake Breeze – Pinot Blanc, Meritage
Dirty Laundry – Gewurztraminer, Merlot
Hester Creek – Cabernet/Merlot blend
Black Cloud – Pinot Noir
Tantalus – Riesling
8th Generation – Sauvignon Blanc
Blasted Church – Hatfields Fuse (white blend)
Fairview Cellars – 2 Hoots
Plus on Saturday ONLY – Red Roof Okanagan cider