You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Averill Creek’ tag.
We have an action-packed tasting schedule in the works for the next few months and expect to add more as we go along. This year I have invited the wineries, importers and distributors to come in and open some their wines that we carry for tasting. The name attached to the date is the agency. We’ll generally decide on the specific products to be tasted nearer the time.
We will send email alerts to our mailing lists too and post notices of upcoming events on Twitter and Facebook. If you are not on either our beer or wine mailing list please drop your name and email address in at the store or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add you.
Dates and presenters are subject to confirmation nearer time
Tastings (3pm to 6:30pm in-store unless noted)
• March 14 Friday – Constellation -(4 BC VQA wines)
• March 15 Saturday – Central City Brewing (Red Racer beer and Betty’s coolers)
• March 28 Friday – Authentic (Cono Sur wines)
• April 17 Thursday – Delf (Easter weekend) – (import wines)
• April 25 Friday – Renaissance (import wines)
• May 2 Friday – International Cellars (imported wines)
• May 9 Friday – Liberty (imported wines plus at least one BC wine)
• May 24 Saturday – Averill Creek, Meet the owner, Andy Johnson #BCwine
• June 6 Friday – Appellation (likely mainly BC wines)
• TBD June Saturday – Central City Brewing (Red Racer Summer Edition)
• June 20 Friday – Select (import wines)
• June 21 Saturday – Seacider (Cider from Victoria)
• July 4 Friday – Grady (import wines)
• July 11 Friday – Delf (import wines)
• August 1 Friday – Constellation (import and BC wines)
We have commitments from 2 more agencies to come in plus a couple of BC wineries (including a return date with Tinhorn Creek’s Sandra Oldfield). In addition working on setting up a Mead tasting with the Tugwell Creek rep.
Free in-store wine sampling
BowFEAST weekend eat and drink local celebration.
- Friday 16 August, 3-7pm
- Saturday 17 August, 1-5pm
- Sunday 18 August, 1-5pm
We’ll be opening a raft of BC wines to showcase our local wineries. Different wines each day so plan to drop in for every session.
Special Guest: Sandra Oldfield, CEO Tinhorn Creek
Friday 16th – 5-7pm
Tinhorn Creek is our #1 selling BC wine brand. Please come and meet Sandra and learn about Tinhorn’s wine right from the source.
In addition to Tinhorn Creek, over the weekend we’ll have wines to taste from
- Averill Creek
- Blue Mountain
- de Vine
- Dirty Laundry
- Quail’s Gate
- Saturna Island winery
and maybe a few more…