You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Riedel’ tag.
It’s time to celebrate. We’ve been open in the new premises since June 8 and worked out the kinks (we hope!) so time to raise a glass to welcome you to our new store. On Canada Day (July , 2011), we cordially invite you to drop in and be our guest at a wine and cheese tasting between 1-5pm.
The new store is light, airy and spacious and we”ve had fantastic feedback on it from customers so far. If you have not been in please take the opportunity to take a peek at Bowen’s new retail experience.
Our featured winery for the tasting is the Neck of the Woods. This is an local winery based in Langley, BC. Their wines are made from grapes grown in the Fraser Valley and the Okanagan. On deck will be their Blanc de Noir sparkling which has just won a Silver medal at the 2011 NW Wine Summit – Pacific Rim Wine Competition and a selection of their red wines.
There will be a selection of cheeses to taste alongside the wines and, of course, Canada Day cookies.
At 5pm we will draw the winners for the Grand Prize Granville Island Experience competition (see here for details) plus some other surprise prizes.
We will be opening at at 10am on Friday, and everyday for July & August, with regular close at 11pm.
On behalf of Scott, Paul, David, Cordell and Maureen we look forward to seeing you on Friday.
To celebrate our new location, please join us on Saturday June 11 between 1pm and 5:30pm to sample sparkling wine from BC, Spain and Italy.
With our expanded store opening we will have:
- Much larger selection of beers, ciders and coolers including Budweiser 8 pack cans on special at LDB price (while stocks last), upgraded selection of BC craft beers and ciders
- New wines from BC and around the world plus wine specials at $9.47, $19.47 and $29.47
- Expanded spirits section with all the necessaries for the “Cocktail Cabinet”
Lots of events being scheduled too in over the summer including:
- Wine and Indian Food with Qui Café
- Sherry tasting
- Port & Chocolate with Cocoa West
- Riedel glassware – taste the difference between Riedel and other glassware
- BC wine fest (August in conjunction with BowFeast)
- Unusual Grapes #3
- Howe Sound Brewing beer tasting
- … and more
Hope we’ll see all our regulars and lots of new friends too.