You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Seacider’ tag.
This calendar takes us through to September. Please remember that it can change. Our email list receives a reminder so please feel free to drop your email address off at the store.
All tastings are 3pm to 6pm unless noted.
- June 27 Friday – “Wines of Gabriel Meffre” hosted by Greg Pollard of Diamond Wines
- July 4 Friday – Hosted by Annette Goliath of Grady Wines
- July 5 Saturday – Meet the Cidery – Seacider hosted by Sara Park of Seacider on Vancouver Island
Steamship Days July 11-13
- July 11 Friday – Hosted by Liza McCauley, Delf Group
- July 12 Saturday – Meet the Brewery, Howe Sound Brewing
- July 18 Friday – “The Italian Job” racy Italian wines at a steal for value. Hosted by Burrows Luongo importers
- August 1 Friday – Hosted by Thea Cuevas, Constellation Brands
August 8-9 Fri-Sat – BIBWC Annual BC Wine Festival
- August 8 Friday – BC wine sampling hosted by Paul Rickett
- August 9 Saturday – Meet the Winery, Tim Martiniuk, GM of Stoneboat. Community Sponsor – BIAC
- August 15 Friday – Hosted by Select Wines
- August 22 Friday – Hosted by Selwyn Rawstron, Empson (think NZ P. Noir and Sauvignon Blanc)
- Sept 12 Friday – Meet the Winery, Sandra Oldfield, CEO Tinhorn Creek 20th Anniversary tasting
- September 18 Thursday. Bowen Children’s Centre Fundraiser 1st Annual Wine Fair, Lodge at Old Dorm. Tickets available via BCC and BIBWC. We aim to have over 60 wines for tasting at this event.
We have an action-packed tasting schedule in the works for the next few months and expect to add more as we go along. This year I have invited the wineries, importers and distributors to come in and open some their wines that we carry for tasting. The name attached to the date is the agency. We’ll generally decide on the specific products to be tasted nearer the time.
We will send email alerts to our mailing lists too and post notices of upcoming events on Twitter and Facebook. If you are not on either our beer or wine mailing list please drop your name and email address in at the store or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add you.
Dates and presenters are subject to confirmation nearer time
Tastings (3pm to 6:30pm in-store unless noted)
• March 14 Friday – Constellation -(4 BC VQA wines)
• March 15 Saturday – Central City Brewing (Red Racer beer and Betty’s coolers)
• March 28 Friday – Authentic (Cono Sur wines)
• April 17 Thursday – Delf (Easter weekend) – (import wines)
• April 25 Friday – Renaissance (import wines)
• May 2 Friday – International Cellars (imported wines)
• May 9 Friday – Liberty (imported wines plus at least one BC wine)
• May 24 Saturday – Averill Creek, Meet the owner, Andy Johnson #BCwine
• June 6 Friday – Appellation (likely mainly BC wines)
• TBD June Saturday – Central City Brewing (Red Racer Summer Edition)
• June 20 Friday – Select (import wines)
• June 21 Saturday – Seacider (Cider from Victoria)
• July 4 Friday – Grady (import wines)
• July 11 Friday – Delf (import wines)
• August 1 Friday – Constellation (import and BC wines)
We have commitments from 2 more agencies to come in plus a couple of BC wineries (including a return date with Tinhorn Creek’s Sandra Oldfield). In addition working on setting up a Mead tasting with the Tugwell Creek rep.