You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Tinhorn Creek’ tag.
This calendar takes us through to September. Please remember that it can change. Our email list receives a reminder so please feel free to drop your email address off at the store.
All tastings are 3pm to 6pm unless noted.
- June 27 Friday – “Wines of Gabriel Meffre” hosted by Greg Pollard of Diamond Wines
- July 4 Friday – Hosted by Annette Goliath of Grady Wines
- July 5 Saturday – Meet the Cidery – Seacider hosted by Sara Park of Seacider on Vancouver Island
Steamship Days July 11-13
- July 11 Friday – Hosted by Liza McCauley, Delf Group
- July 12 Saturday – Meet the Brewery, Howe Sound Brewing
- July 18 Friday – “The Italian Job” racy Italian wines at a steal for value. Hosted by Burrows Luongo importers
- August 1 Friday – Hosted by Thea Cuevas, Constellation Brands
August 8-9 Fri-Sat – BIBWC Annual BC Wine Festival
- August 8 Friday – BC wine sampling hosted by Paul Rickett
- August 9 Saturday – Meet the Winery, Tim Martiniuk, GM of Stoneboat. Community Sponsor – BIAC
- August 15 Friday – Hosted by Select Wines
- August 22 Friday – Hosted by Selwyn Rawstron, Empson (think NZ P. Noir and Sauvignon Blanc)
- Sept 12 Friday – Meet the Winery, Sandra Oldfield, CEO Tinhorn Creek 20th Anniversary tasting
- September 18 Thursday. Bowen Children’s Centre Fundraiser 1st Annual Wine Fair, Lodge at Old Dorm. Tickets available via BCC and BIBWC. We aim to have over 60 wines for tasting at this event.
We have an action-packed tasting schedule in the works for the next few months and expect to add more as we go along. This year I have invited the wineries, importers and distributors to come in and open some their wines that we carry for tasting. The name attached to the date is the agency. We’ll generally decide on the specific products to be tasted nearer the time.
We will send email alerts to our mailing lists too and post notices of upcoming events on Twitter and Facebook. If you are not on either our beer or wine mailing list please drop your name and email address in at the store or email me at email@example.com so we can add you.
Dates and presenters are subject to confirmation nearer time
Tastings (3pm to 6:30pm in-store unless noted)
• March 14 Friday – Constellation -(4 BC VQA wines)
• March 15 Saturday – Central City Brewing (Red Racer beer and Betty’s coolers)
• March 28 Friday – Authentic (Cono Sur wines)
• April 17 Thursday – Delf (Easter weekend) – (import wines)
• April 25 Friday – Renaissance (import wines)
• May 2 Friday – International Cellars (imported wines)
• May 9 Friday – Liberty (imported wines plus at least one BC wine)
• May 24 Saturday – Averill Creek, Meet the owner, Andy Johnson #BCwine
• June 6 Friday – Appellation (likely mainly BC wines)
• TBD June Saturday – Central City Brewing (Red Racer Summer Edition)
• June 20 Friday – Select (import wines)
• June 21 Saturday – Seacider (Cider from Victoria)
• July 4 Friday – Grady (import wines)
• July 11 Friday – Delf (import wines)
• August 1 Friday – Constellation (import and BC wines)
We have commitments from 2 more agencies to come in plus a couple of BC wineries (including a return date with Tinhorn Creek’s Sandra Oldfield). In addition working on setting up a Mead tasting with the Tugwell Creek rep.
Free in-store wine sampling
BowFEAST weekend eat and drink local celebration.
- Friday 16 August, 3-7pm
- Saturday 17 August, 1-5pm
- Sunday 18 August, 1-5pm
We’ll be opening a raft of BC wines to showcase our local wineries. Different wines each day so plan to drop in for every session.
Special Guest: Sandra Oldfield, CEO Tinhorn Creek
Friday 16th – 5-7pm
Tinhorn Creek is our #1 selling BC wine brand. Please come and meet Sandra and learn about Tinhorn’s wine right from the source.
In addition to Tinhorn Creek, over the weekend we’ll have wines to taste from
- Averill Creek
- Blue Mountain
- de Vine
- Dirty Laundry
- Quail’s Gate
- Saturna Island winery
and maybe a few more…
Where: In-Store at Bowen Beer and Wine Cellar
Friday 17.8 – 3pm to 6pm+
Saturday 18.8 – 1pm to 5pm+
Sunday 19.8 – 1pm to 5pm+
Our annual BC Wine showcase is our biggest tasting event of the year. 3 days of sampling BC wines this Friday to Sunday in conjunction with BowFEAST eat/drink locally.
Start and end times are above but we often have wine left so don’t be afraid to drop in after the official end time.
This event will feature 15+ BC wines over the weekend. Each day we’ll have at least 5 different wines open to taste. As befits the season, the emphasis is on white wines but there will be at least one red each day too. Since we received outstanding support from our winery partners we will also be doing a red wine focused BC wine tasting early in September.
Our feature wineries this year are:-
Both Fort Berens and Perseus are relatively new wineries and this is the first year we have carried their wines. Fort Berens is based in Lillooet, a new wine growing area for BC.
Hope you can join us for a fun event.
Please join us this #BowFEAST weekend to celebrate eating and drinking locally. This is our 4th annual BC wine fest featuring FREE samples of great BC wines. Wines will be poured over 3 days starting Friday at 2pm.
Tasting session times:
Saturday 1pm – 5pm
Sunday 1pm to 5pm
On Saturday shop the #BowFEAST Farmers market from 9am to Noon. Have a nice lunch in the Cove, then mosey up to our new store on Dorman Road under the Ruddy Potato and taste some great BC wines to go with your fresh, local food for dinner.
While we end formal tasting at 6pm, if we have wine left you are welcome to come in later and try what’s still open
Big line up this year with totally different wines each day:
Participating Wineries and wines. Tasting order is yet to be determined but over the 3 days we’ll be opening wines from among the following:
The View – Frizzante, Gewurztraminer, Pinotage
Quails Gate – Rosé, Chenin Blanc
Tinhorn Creek – Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay
Stoneboat – Pinotage, Pinot Gris
Ganton & Larsen Prospect winery – Sauvignon Blanc, Unoaked Chardonnay
Lake Breeze – Pinot Blanc, Meritage
Dirty Laundry – Gewurztraminer, Merlot
Hester Creek – Cabernet/Merlot blend
Black Cloud – Pinot Noir
Tantalus – Riesling
8th Generation – Sauvignon Blanc
Blasted Church – Hatfields Fuse (white blend)
Fairview Cellars – 2 Hoots
Plus on Saturday ONLY – Red Roof Okanagan cider
It’s time to celebrate. We’ve been open in the new premises since June 8 and worked out the kinks (we hope!) so time to raise a glass to welcome you to our new store. On Canada Day (July , 2011), we cordially invite you to drop in and be our guest at a wine and cheese tasting between 1-5pm.
The new store is light, airy and spacious and we”ve had fantastic feedback on it from customers so far. If you have not been in please take the opportunity to take a peek at Bowen’s new retail experience.
Our featured winery for the tasting is the Neck of the Woods. This is an local winery based in Langley, BC. Their wines are made from grapes grown in the Fraser Valley and the Okanagan. On deck will be their Blanc de Noir sparkling which has just won a Silver medal at the 2011 NW Wine Summit – Pacific Rim Wine Competition and a selection of their red wines.
There will be a selection of cheeses to taste alongside the wines and, of course, Canada Day cookies.
At 5pm we will draw the winners for the Grand Prize Granville Island Experience competition (see here for details) plus some other surprise prizes.
We will be opening at at 10am on Friday, and everyday for July & August, with regular close at 11pm.
On behalf of Scott, Paul, David, Cordell and Maureen we look forward to seeing you on Friday.
Is wine the result of winemaking magic or can you taste what it will be like from the grapes that go into it. Well wonder no more.
Tonight (Wednesday 20 October) and tomorrow (Thursday 21 October) we have grapes from Tinhorn Creek just harvested. These are the grapes that are going into next year`s wine.
Come down and try Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Chardonnay grapes. It`s a fun thing to do.
P.S. if we have enough we`ll carry this over to Friday 22nd too
Draw prize winners from our BC Wine Fest are:
Memphis Blues cookbook: Ticket # 567350 Jen
Menus from the Orchard cookbook: Ticket #5674388 Ryan
Gift Certificate for a 2 night stay at Tinhorn Creek’s guest lodge: Ticket#5674369 Wendy
Congrats to all the winners. You have been contacted and have one week from today to claim your prizes, Any unclaimed prizes after that will be redrawn.